Wednesday 31 August 2011

#9 Rebecca- The Pact

"I propose we make a change to this S.L.U.T attitude" Yasmin states boldly, "Grace, where are your glasses? We're toasting"

At the mention of a drink I jump up and offer to get glasses, after all, I did bring a sparkly Moet in an attempt to cheer up Gracie; not that I want to share it with everyone but I'd do anything to perk up the somber mood of the night, and I'm interested to see where Yasmin is going with this SLUT talk. 

I rifle through Grace’s cupboards and salvage 3 different sized glasses and 2 mugs, one clean and one not so clean (Anya can have that one). After everyone has had a glass poured we sit and wait for Yasmin to continue. 

I notice that Anya has already downed her glass of super expensive champagne and thrown it to the floor- I bite my lip to stop myself commenting.  

“If you don’t mind me asking” I say coolly, “what do we have to toast to?”

Yasmin leaps towards me excitedly, seemingly she has worked herself up to give us an inspirational pep talk. 

“To being SINGLE and in CONTROL. We are 5 attractive, intelligent and confident women and listen to us winging and moaning about a few pathetic XY chromosomes- what I propose is that we show the opposite sex who really rule this world” 

God, if pitching this idea as a Beyonce song is her plan she best change tactics.

The girls laugh nervously, probably also afraid that Yasmin may burst into song; her eyes look wild and I’ve never seen her quite so animated- except the time she got sent free Isabel Marant boots. 

“Don’t laugh” she snaps, “Rebecca- how did you feel when Will dumped you for that rich sloane?”

“Um… not…good?” I answer hesitantly.

“Right.” She continues, “And Eva- Anya- aren’t you sick of being sex dolls to be used at will?”

“I like being used for sex…” Anya mutters, whilst Eva nods dejectedly.

“And Gracie…” she softens her tone, “do you want Ben to regret fucking up the best thing that ever happened to him?”

She nods sadly, “Yeah but that’s not gonna happen; he hasn’t even come over to try and beg for forgiveness. Men dial out emotion like robots. I don’t think they’re born with the ability to care”

Yasmin bounds up again, sloshing that super expensive champagne over herself, “And THAT is why we are going to get our own back. Reverse the roles. Avenge our fellow S.L.U.T sisters. Break some hearts.”

 Now we’re all a bit tired, and also a bit tipsy, but I’m not really understanding Yasmin’s wavelength here.

 "You sound like Miss. Habbingsham” laughs Anya.

 “You mean Miss. Haversham,” Yasmin shrugs off casually, “And I’m glad you paid attention to GCSE English.”

Eva sits up straight, "Yasmin out with it please, what are you suggesting? Because I'm really not into being one of those weird aggressive feminist cock-haters"

"No, but what I'm saying is that we make a pact to never let ourselves lose our heads over a man again. We get our revenge, and we refuse to let our hearts lead our heads. I don't know about you guys, but it seems one person in a relationship is always made the fool, and I sure as hell don't wanna be that shmuck"

Her words slowly formulate a shred a sense in my head. I mean she's still absolutely lost the plot of course but I'll let that slide. We silently soak up her words. Even Anya looks like she's paying attention which is something I don't believe I've ever witnessed.

"It's time for us to be a bit selfish, get ours and that. It's about time we evened out this playing field..."

"I guess I do like the idea of using guys for sex." Anya perks up.

"I wouldn't mind showing Dr. Stewart that he messed with the wrong chica" Eva adds heatedly.

"Yeh," Grace looks nervous about speaking up, "I guess I'd feel better knowing that Ben was torturing himself over me"

I pretend I'm not really listening but I definitely am down with this; William Arnold III you are going to pay for finishing with me 2 months before Christmas. And I mean literally pay; I'm gonna bleed the bastard dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment